Friday, January 29, 2010

Age is Catching Up



I am going to age myself with this post but here goes! As I approach my 23rd birthday next month, (did I just say that?!) I can't help but to reflect on my life, ponder over years gone by. Almost a quarter of a decade is upon me. It is both exciting and boring at the same time. Boring, in the sense that, it will be another year ahead, just like all the 22 years that had passed.

I was driving to work, for the umpteenth time, this morning, and it got me to thinking about my teens. As I watched the boys and girls go to school, that was when I thought about how I wouldn't want to be in my teen anymore.


But, that doesn’t mean I hate my teenage life, or I hate schooling. I enjoyed my schooldays just as much as I enjoyed everyday of my life. Just that, when you know that you’ll have to wake up early for school, and there would be homework everyday and exams every month, all those just killed off the excitement of going to school.


My teenage brings a lot of fond memories back to me. It’s a stage in my life where I had lessons on how to accept and face nature’s most extraordinary sentiments: success and defeat.


I do regard teenage, for that matter, as a “teacher” who prepares me for my many years ahead. Success is not a matter of being the best and wining the race. Success is a matter of handling the worst and finishing the race.

Back to my topic. Today I feel like I am doing what I have always been meant to do. Being an undergraduate and having the opportunity to study what I think I like are what I feel excited about doing. I have more clarity these days, I take better care of myself, I enjoy more of the quiet moments.

Do you miss your 20's? If you could turn back the clock would you ever go back? What do you like more about yourself now? What do you feel has shaped you into who you are today?

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Of cuz i would love 2 go bak to my secondary life..i mean when i'm in Brunei..those were the days that i really miss alot...

 
Free Hit Counter