Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What Calms Me?





I took this picture over the weekend. The weather was so beautiful, as it rained in the early part of the morning. All I had to do was to walk along the sea line and it was like I went to another world.

Whether it is the ocean, or the lake, or a river, water has always had a calming effect on me. I love to just sit and look at the endless blue and listen to waves hitting against the shore. Even the little sound of water rippling against the rocks takes me out of my mood.

That is what I needed that day. I woke up with a headache, feeling very uneasy and spent most of my day sitting in front of my laptop, waiting for the pain to subside and the cloudy feeling to go away.

The most important thing for me when I feel like that is to figure out how to get myself to a better place. So that was what I did. I knew I had missed most of the day by the time my head quit pounding.

It was quite a long drive to the seaside. As I listened to the waves crunched on the stones, it carried me to the shoreline. I could feel a sense of calm I hadn't felt all day. There was a slight breeze and I could hear the waves gently lapping against shore. I stood there for a good 10 minutes and almost forgot where I was.

The sound of cars whooshing by on the road were gone for a few moments. I wished I could stay there forever...

What calms you? How do you handle stress? What do you do when you need to get away from the voices in your head?

No comments:

 
Free Hit Counter