Thursday, January 28, 2010

It's Simple English





Hey all! Here I am blogging while I'm supposed to be working on my layout drawing for the new production line. I am taking advantage on the chances given. *lol* A big THANK YOU to the brother of mine.

It's a good thing, though. Now I know I can muti-task. *giggle*

Guess what? I was about to have a sore throat this morning, (I just knew it will come) so I decided to pay the in-plant clinic a visit. After much persuading, a friend of mine tagged along.

And so, we reached the clinic. My first impression was, the nurses there look very compassionate. Well, that's how nurses should look, that's how they should act. That's their work ethics, right? WRONG!!

Follow my conversation with a nurse there (believe me, it sucks BIG time), and I will tell you why:

Me: Good morning!
Nurse: Ha mi szu? (It's "what's the matter?", Hokkien style).
Me: Erm... I think I am having a sore throat.
Nurse: *hokkien* ... *hokkien* ... trainee...
Me: Huh? What trainee? Oh ya, I am a trainee. I would like to get some medicine for sore throat.
Nurse: *hokkien* ... *hokkien*
Me: ...

After some deep eye-to-eye moments:

Nurse: *sarcastic face* You don't understand Hokkien ah? Where u from one?
Me: I am from Ipoh.
Nurse: Aiya! Tell early mah... Canto ah? Or English?

I was so f******ly pissed off. I spoke to her in English from the time i entered the room. And here she came asking me do I speak Cantonese or English. I did not say anything much, took the sore throat lozenges, and I sped off.

Nurse? Compassionate? Caring? I say, Malaysia Boleh!

3 comments:

Mindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mindy said...

of cuz msia boleh....but tat nurse really haiz....y bosch employ tis nurse? =.='''

~anonymous~ said...

Haha!! "Cute" nurse. Maybe other nurses there should precribe her medicine for hearing problems. Or perhaps, medicine for mental retards.

Honestly, I love the way you blog. You do shower your posts with lots of "emotions". You make readers sink deep into your feelings.

Keep up your good work. And, Happy Blogging..

 
Free Hit Counter