Monday, January 25, 2010

Immune System Breakdown



*Mayday! Mayday!*

Sounds serious, huh? Yes, it does. I am sick, yet again, and this time will be the third time. Three times in two months, that will be 0.66666667 months/sick (try to get your calculator and punch). I am down with a fever, cough and a runny nose. Maybe it’s attributable to my unhealthy diet or exercise deficiency, or lack of H2O intake.


Or maybe it’s the weather. Ya, the weather. It’s killing over here. Raining in the morning, and scorching in the afternoon. Sometimes, it roasts the whole day. (Guess I am pointing fingers at Mother Nature *speechless*)


Fever for me is just a pinch of salt. Few tablets of Panadol, and I will be as good as new, literally. However, this time, my fever keeps coming back. And the worst thing is, it comes back during the night. If it returns during the day, no problemo! I can gulp down two Panadols, and voila! Bye bye fever! But...*sad*

What irritates me the most is not the fever; it’s the runny nose. Everything changes: my voice, my sense of smell and taste, everything! And believe me, I can gobble down a spoonful of salt, and it still tastes, pretty tasteless.

I’m already few days an herbivorous (well, almost) and half a day a vegetable. It’s shameful to be a sick vegetable here in Penang. I miss banana leaf char kuey teow, I miss Ayer Itam laksa, I miss PENANG FOOD! Oh God! My stomach is grumbling. Well, guess this stomach-grumbling event is an indication that I will be fine real soon.




Have a speedy recovery, Markas!

P.S I missed that day's steamboat with my housemates. *shit* Not sure when my time will come...


No comments:

 
Free Hit Counter