Monday, February 1, 2010

New Year's Resolutions. Do You Make Them?



It is hard to believe that in a couple of weeks’ time, it will be Chinese New Year; it will be goodbye to Cow and hello to Tiger. As this time rolls around I always think about new beginnings and a fresh start.

One thing I seldom do is make resolutions (Chinese New Year's resolutions, to be exact). I never have, but it’s for a reason. I think if I were to make a resolution, I would not stick to it. Then again, it is hard for me to stick to anything lately. Nonetheless, I do think about changes I want to make in my life and wishes I have for the New Year.

Looking forward, I wish for more peace in my life, more fun, less stress (don't we all) and to worry much less than I do. I want to get organised and really clean out stuff, not just physical things but the stuff in my mind that often holds me back. And that will be the hardest part.

I want to spend more time doing what makes me happy and brings out my creativity. I don't want to take things for granted. I don't want to relearn lessons from the past. I want to leave the past in its place, where it belongs.

This list is a work in progress for me. I need to make a vision board as a daily reminder of the places I intent to go.

Do you make resolutions? Are you willing to go to high heights just to achieve what’s in your resolution?

4 comments:

Ken Wooi said...

i wish to lose weight and exercise too =P

kenwooi.com

MARKAS said...

Hihi.. thx for d comment.. appreciate it lotz~

Do exercise often.. it makes u healthier.. :)

~Live Life~ said...

Chinese New Year resolutions? I had my first resolutions this year...haha...hopefully can be discipline enough to achieve that...

=)

MARKAS said...

~Live Life~:: thx for leaving me a comment.. wat resolution u had made for urself? mind to share..? haha~

 
Free Hit Counter