Tuesday, February 9, 2010

8th of February

First of all...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Yep! It's my birthday and that morning, the sun was shining! There's something about the sun in that morning that was so delightful – so optimistic. I love it when it's beautiful on my birthday!

Who would have thought, I would make it this far and have such an adventure on the way. I almost achieved and received everything I wanted and a little more.

I suppose I’ll have to edit my resumè and strikeout the 22 and make it 23, but seeing the numbers on my age quickly climb leaves me feeling a little “old”. Can’t I just refuse to grow up, or at least stop my age from adding? Guess that’s childish thinking, huh?

So as I watched the clock strike midnight I thought, "Well, 23, here you are and you caught up to me!” It felt weird and all good at the same time. Having never thought that 22 years will just pass in a blink of an eye, and that was a good 22 years I have left behind. It feels pretty good.

Today it is my brother's birthday too. Why? That’s because we are twins.

I am 23 and all I can do is make the best of the life that I have. I need to be easier on myself, be more forgiving to myself, and have more fun! I don't play nearly enough. I don't want to get so caught up in the worrying. There is just no time for that. I hope I can take my own advice this time!

Again...

P.S Thanks a million for your birthday presents: Mr TJH, Mr YCH, Miss WSM, Bosch, and Miss WHY. And to my Baby, I Love You.

How do you celebrate your birthdays? Did you feel as though your life was shortened when you heard the words "Happy Birthday"?

No comments:

 
Free Hit Counter