Sunday, February 21, 2010

Do Our Souls Know When It is Time to Check Out??



Although I have not been following much of the Winter Olympic Games, I was sad to hear about the luger who was killed during training. As I continued to read the article, I was more stunned to hear that he told his father a few days prior that he was "scared" of the track.


It gave me the chills. It got me to thinking about my aunt, who passed away due to cancer. It made me wonder if we know when we will be moving on from this life.

I am sure this all sounds crazy to some but not to me. I can't help but wonder if somehow our souls have knowledge of when our lives will end. That it is something not in our conscious mind but awareness we have that doesn't make sense at the time it may come through to our being.

My first thought when I read this story was that the fear of that track was coming from his soul's knowledge of check out time.

What did you think when you read this story? Do you believe in souls? Do you think our souls have any knowledge of the future?

7 comments:

TY said...

Oh my friend, said in Hokkien " Wa ai khi kuah sei kai" which means travelling to see 'new places' to his friends and family before he met with an accident and pass away the same night. Sad + Chilling at the same time.

Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt said...

yes, most of the time but not necessarily. almost all death cases i heard must have somekind of indicator, within 40 days i guess. once my deceased friend, told his papa, he wants to 'balik kampung' so badly, not long after that, he died with 2 other siblings in very tragic accident. so sad :(

MARKAS said...

yepz.. sometimes dis world is vv mysterious.. and this is whr d fear comes in.. unexplainable things haf happened around us.. :)

Daniel Ulhmann said...

This world is full of the unexplained.. Full of the inexplicable.. And there are more to come..

~Live Life~ said...

Nice insight...

Maybe maybe...there is a greater power beyond...who knows?

Anyway, thanks for dropping by my blog earlier on...I have been away for CNY without any notice and now I'm back! Cya =)

Boku no Blog said...

Yummy..its so delicious..
Thanks..

 
Free Hit Counter